Sunday, May 29, 2016

Title: Instead of You
Author: Anie Michaels
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Student/Teacher Romance Novel
Release Date: May 24, 2016 
Two brothers.
Cory was my best friend, the boy who I’d resolved to spend my entire life with. I’d grown to love him, gotten used to the idea of our life together, even if it wasn’t the all-encompassing, soul-crushing, heart-shattering romance it appeared to be.
Hayes was the boy who seemed entirely out of reach. Untouchable. He stole my first kiss, a secret I’d hidden away in the recesses of my heart, protecting the memory and hoping it would be enough to last me a lifetime. When he became my history teacher, it was impossible to hide from him any longer.
There was no way to anticipate just how important both Wallace brothers would become to me, how deeply they would change my life, or how the loss of one would propel me into the arms of the other.
“Well... Anie has done it again! She has taken me on an emotional rollercoaster ride that gave me all of the feels! Ever single one of them.” ~Sandra (Goodreads Review)
“I truly, with out a doubt recommend Instead of You to anyone and everyone. Hands down this is a five star read, and if I could give it anymore stars, I WOULD!!” ~Iowa Gal (Amazon Review)
“Love, love, loved this book… it had forbidden and unexpected love, it had heartbreak, angst galore, and joy.” ~Alison (Goodreads Review)


Anie Michaels has written one emotional roller coaster of a story and I loved every single page of it.  In Instead of You, Michaels gives you the story of a young woman trying to find where she fits in the world that has been mapped out for her since birth. Struggling to breathe and trying to return the love of her best friend Cory, McKenzie has settled with this is how her life is meant to be.  Loving her best friend, making her parents happy, but not being in love.  Until tragedy strikes and she loses her best friend forever.  Faced with a new life before her McKenzie has to make her way. It doesn’t hurt that the only man who's made her feel alive is also her deceased boyfriend's brother, Hayes.  

Michaels had me from the opening pages of this book. Her story was heartfelt, emotional, and deeply captivating.  While it was tearful at times, this book had such a bigger message than just loss.  The growth and development of McKenzie and her new chance at a life she wanted, rather than a life she thought she had to take was amazing to read.  Michaels really developed these characters  making you instantly understand and connect to them.    These characters really touched my heart in such a profound way, that immediately after reading it was hard to find the right words to tell you how amazing this book truly is.  I truly enjoyed every moment of this book, even the tearful ones were totally worth it!  Grab some kleenex and enjoy an amazing, well written story by Anie Michaels. You won’t regret one single moment of it!





Anie Michaels is the author of The Never series, The Private Serials, and a stand alone novel, The Space Between Us. She started writing her first novel in June 2013. When she is not working, reading, writing, or spending time with her family, you can find her spending time with her close friends. Anie lives in Portland, Oregon, with her family.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment