Monday, May 8, 2017

The Perfect 1 by Cory Cyr

Title: The Perfect 1
Author: Cory Cyr
Genre: Urban Erotic Romance
Release Date: March 31, 2017 
Jensyn Parrish was one of the world’s most gorgeous supermodels, dubbed the “Perfect 10” for most of her career. Thirteen years ago, a horrific car accident left her face disfigured. Suffering the loss of her beauty, career, and self-worth, she seeks a life of quiet seclusion in Hawaii.

Lincoln Bass, a New York best-selling author and adrenaline junkie, has no idea what he could possibly have in common with his brother’s friend Jensyn. After suddenly being impaired with blindness at only twenty-five, his life is forever altered. Independent, headstrong, and ever the daredevil, Lincoln is stricken with the certainty that if he wants to continue writing, he needs help.
Two people damaged by circumstances of fate…
Disguising who she once was becomes a difficult task for Jensyn. Her only job is to help Lincoln finish his book. But boundaries are somehow obscured and fiction becomes their reality.
Perfect 1 by Cory Cyr from Bibliophile Productions on Vimeo.

As a huge Cory Cyr fan, I am honestly not sure where to start with this one. This story is so outside the box from her normal tales aside from the older woman and younger man, that I was literally blown away by every word of this book. To say that this one takes an emotional toll on you is an understatement and Cyr has written it so beautifully that I could not put it down.
Jensyn is so broken with everything that happened to her. I could feel her pain seep through the pages. I could only imagine how something like that would affect someone physically but also mentally. Then you have Lincoln, who is just as damaged and more cynical when it comes to romance, that these two clash in such a stunning way. Aside from the physical attraction that these two share, they are connected emotionally with everything that they had to endure. I found that their love was so pure. The purest I have ever seen from any book I have read. It comes from within. While I do love every moment that Lincoln banters with Jensyn, it just solidifies their relationship to me. You can feel that chemistry as each taunting sexual jab is thrown by each of them. I laughed a lot with these two. But I also wanted to cry because of the pain they are going through. If anyone knows me, it takes a lot to get me worked up emotionally over a book. Well this one has just been added to a very short list of books that too.
Overall, I think this is my top read of the year. I am blown away by the attention to detail that Cyr incorporated and the research that it had to entail. The character build and watching these two flourish was amazing and really tugs on the heartstrings. This book is about building yourself back up and looking past imperfections. Not just about finding love but learning how to love yourself regardless of everything that you have endured emotionally and physically. You add some really great supporting characters and you have one brilliant read. Congrats on this one Cory, Shea has been knocked off his pedestal.


 
HOSTED BY:

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Review. It also takes a lot to affect me when reading but this book touched my soul. Cory definitely nailed it with this Perfect read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just loved your review! This book was a top read for me this year as well. I just loved the characters so much. Not to mention the emotizonal beauty of the book. Truly, this book was lovely from start to finish. It's so nice to see that another enjoyed it as much as I did. Thank you for sharing ❤️

    ReplyDelete