Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Starry Eyed Inside by Rochelle Allison


Starry Eyed Inside
Genre: YA
Release Date: June 20, 2017


summary:


I finally understood why it was called a crush; it was difficult to breathe.

It’s the summer before freshman year, and Rory Shepherd’s doing what she always does—having sleepovers and epic beach days with her best friends. Life in their small, Florida town is sweet, but totally predictable, until Rory lays eyes on Skyler Nolan at a concert one night.

No one sends her into a tailspin quite like Skyler. Cute, naughty and just a little bit dangerous, he’s hard to attract and even harder to figure out. Rory’s determined to try...but are bad boys like that even worth the risk?



Rochelle Allisonn unexpected find for me.  While reading Heavenly Bodies, I quickly realized what a treasure I’d found in the blogging book world.  So when the opportunity to read Starry Eyed came up, I snatched that ebook up and devoured Allison’s words until the very end.

One of the things I love about Allison’s stories is while she takes you to a place and time in your life your remember emotionally, she also transports you to another place entirely.  From the books that I’ve had the pleasure of reading, Allison takes you to a tropical place, filled with culture. Where island romances become reality taking you away from your ordinary life.  

In her coming of age story, Starry Eyed Inside, Allison tells us her version of a first crush, first kiss, first love.  Taking you back to highschool, Allison introduces us to innocent, young Rory and Samuel, her crush.  Allison effortlessly takes you back to your high school days with Rory’s anxiousness and somersaulting stomach of love nerves. I am a true fan of the whole “Will he or won’t he” feelings and all the teenage angst driven romances, so SEI was exactly a book meant for me to read.  As I read SEI, Allison managed to bring forth those feelings, excitement and really draw me into this book until the last page was turned.

Allison continues to be an author that I find myself wanting more of.  Her books are well written, intriguing and nostalgic at the same time.  I can’t wait to read more from this author whether that be her original stories or the fan fiction that she has published.  


Bio/Contact Info:

Rochelle Allison has been living, and thriving, in her imagination since she was a little girl in the Caribbean. A true lover of words (books! thesauruses!), she can usually be found crafting stories, inspired by people, conversations and the world around her.

A wife of one and mother of two, Rochelle lives just outside of Atlanta. She’s a lover of hiking and the outdoors, photography and baking.

And...she loves love. More than anything, she loves love.



No comments:

Post a Comment